Manhattan's oldest surviving house, the Morris Jumel Mansion was built in about 1765 as a summer retreat. The mansion is located on a parcel known as “Mount Morris,” from which the Harlem River, the Bronx, the Long Island Sound, New York City, the Hudson River, and the Jersey Palisades are visible.
The Morris-Jumel Mansion is a monument to colonial grandeur.
Our firm worked on the complete exterior restoration of the house. This included a new roof with historically appropriate wood shingles, restoration of the wooden structure with wood that matched the same species, and replacing and restoring old, broken windows.
With its new coat of paint, the house has the same appearance as when it first was built in 1765. Completed in 1994, the mansion was returned to its former splendor for the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation.